Love is Timeless Adoption Special: Waived Fees for Senior Pets in November!
Our Pets Believe Love is Timeless… Don’t You?
All senior dogs and cats ages 7 years and older will have waived adoption fees for November’s Adopt a Senior Pet Month, thanks to the generosity of AHS volunteer Julie Stromberg, who is sponsoring adoptions for senior dogs, and AHS President’s Club members Patricia Gaynor and Michael Ivanich, who are sponsoring adoptions for senior cats!
Senior pets make some of the best pets! The benefits of adopting a senior pet include:
- Manners! Often times, they are less destructive than our puppy and kitten friends.
- “What you see is what you get!” Their behavior and appearance are already established.
- The potty training phase is a thing of the past.
- You CAN teach an old dog new tricks – who knew?!
- Senior pets often times have a known history.
- Senior pets are built-in best friends.
Pets also offer so many emotional and physical health benefits (which can be of particular importance to senior citizens) which include decreases in blood pressure, cholesterol, and feelings of loneliness. Pets also have the ability to increase one’s opportunities for outdoor activities, exercise, and socialization.
Adoptions are available at AHS’ Campus for Compassion location by appointment only, and you can learn more and schedule at www.azhumane.org/adopt. Pets available today may not be available by the time of your appointment. If appointments are booked out, our scheduling tool is updated throughout the day to reflect last-minute openings.